Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
If you suspect or have discovered a mold infestation in your Waynesville, NC, home or business, it is crucial to call our SERVPRO of Haywood & Transylvania Counties team as quickly as possible. Mold not only has the potential to cause significant damage to your property, but mold can also be extremely harmful to you and others on your property. Our SERVPRO of Haywood & Transylvania Counties team has the training, experience, and equipment necessary to properly remediate your mold infestation.
If you discover a mold infestation in your home, check out these mold damage tips down below and see what you can do while waiting for help to arrive.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (828) 452-2111
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Haywood & Transylvania Counties for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Haywood & Transylvania Counties has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Bryson City
- Maggie Valley
- Dunns Rock